It’s Dr. Gerdes here your Raleigh, North Carolina Chiropractor. I wanted to share a recent video of a full spine chiropractic adjustment (see video below).
Chiropractic Spinal Adjustment Explained
These spinal adjustment are effective treatments for back and neck pain, sciatica, headaches, whiplash and car accident injuries, back spasms, arthritis pain, stiff joints, sports injuries and many other musculoskeletal conditions.
Spinal manipulation & manual manipulation: This kind of manual manipulation is a high-velocity and short lever arm thrust applied to the vertebra with the aim of improving functionality, restoring range of motion and reducing nerve irritability.
It’s also commonly referred as chiropractic adjustment
Mobilization: Chiropractic mobilization is high-velocity low amplitude manipulation or movement or stretching of muscles and joints which aim to increase a ranges of motion in those areas.
The patient received a manual diversified adjustment to the cervical, thoracic, lumbar and pelvic spine.
These adjustments in conjunction with other physical therapies can help to manage pain, facilitate recovery after a car accident or sports injury, increase flexibility, help with sleep issues and increase mobility and strength.
Forms of chiropractic therapy
Some of the physiological therapeutic measures often utilized in a chiropractic care include:
- Physical therapies; most chiropractors will use physical therapies such as electrical muscle stimulation (EMS), ultrasound therapy, laser therapy, topical pain relief creama applied to the skin, traction therapy or massage therapy
- Heat and cold; Chiropractors might alternate between heat and ice therapy to help in treating patients back pain. The Ice packs can be used to numb your back for ten to fifteen minute window and then switch using a heating pad to help in restoring blood flow and promote fast healing.
- Exercise; Chiropractors provide patients with a set of instructions for a exercise program focusing on stretching as well as strengthening the affected region.
- Manual therapy; Raleigh NC Chiropractors will stretch or massage your irritated soft tissues to boost circulation, reduce swelling & inflammation associated with pain, as well as encourage healing.
- Dietary management. Chiropractors wil oftenl provide their patients with the tips on how improved diet can help to reduce pain, while others might recommend dietary supplement after spinal manipulation.
Typically the patient will feel relief after these spinal chiropractic adjustments. Occasionally, there may be some minor soreness after the initial treatments.
Dr. Jeffrey Gerdes, D.C.