For many years the world’s top athletes (both olympic, professional and college athletes) have sought out chiropractic care from sports chiropractors for performance enhancement injury recovery and wellness.
Sports chiropractors share an expertise in treating sports related injuries such as:
- Sprains and strains
- Running injuries
- Repetitive use injuries
- Herniated discs
- Tight and sore muscles
- IT band syndromes
- Evaluating for head trauma and concussions
- Muscle injuries
Here are a few ways chiropractic care by a sports chiropractor can help athletes enhance and improve performance:
- Work on your bodies bio mechanics
- Provide guidance on nutritional needs for athletes,
- Treat overuse injuries
- Treat repetitive injuries that athletes are always experiencing
- Test for muscular and joint imbalances and dysfunctions
- Treat soft tissues when they become inflamed or injured
- Remobilize injured or stiff joints allowing increased mobility, flexibility and ranges of motions that are essential to sports performance.
But why should you visit a sports chiropractor in Raleigh NC?
- Sports chiropractors are licensed to perform physical therapy which gives them a unique perspective to helping athletes recover after they experience a sports injury.
- Unlike Physical Therapists who do not hold doctorate degrees, sports chiropractors are able to make referrals to other medical specialists when there make be a more seriously underlying sports injury like a fracture or a ruptured tendon.
- If you are considering seeing a sports chiropractor after an injury some of the benefits are you can also receive physical therapy with Chiropractic joint mobilization.
- Many sports chiropractors to provide X Ray services is in their office where you can diagnose your injury on site.
- Sports chiropractors are able to order in obtain outside imaging such as MRIs CAT scans and lab work which can be used to diagnose and manage sports injuries.
- Sports chiropractors are able to make outside referrals to orthopedists, neurosurgeons, pain management specialists when some sport sports injuries may be more serious like in cases of fractures, torn ligaments or severe head injuries.
- Many sports chiropractors have added education in treating sports injuries. I personally hold a bachelor’s degree in exercise science and health and have been working with athletes for nearly 20 years.
If you are looking for a sports chiropractor in Raleigh NC, click here to book an appointment today .
Dr. Jeffrey Gerdes, D.C.