Choosing a Chiropractor can be a very intimidating and confusing experience.
The chiropractic industry has many different techniques and
philosophies which can at times leave the consumer confused and overwhelmed.
When done correctly quality chiropractic care and greatly enhance your life and help with the management of musculoskeletal pain, athletic performance and acute injuries.
Here Are 7 Simple Ways To Choose The Best Chiropractor For You:
1. Referrals from friends, family members, primary care physicians, physical therapist, massage therapist, other medical specialists or professionals.
2. Check the Chiropractor’s credentials, certifications, curriculum vitae, experience, and education.
3. Look to see that the Chiropractor treats the conditions you are looking to treat: Most chiropractors specialize in musculoskeletal conditions like back pain, neck pain, headaches, sciatica, nerve pain, car accident injuries, sports injuries, carpal tunnel and whiplash. Some Chiropractor’s specialize in other conditions like functional medicine to treat diabetes, obesity and nutritional deficiencies.
A quick search of the Chiropractor near you website should give you an idea of the types of treatments the chiropractor offers.
4. Check that the Chiropractor takes your health insurance: This can save you money and lets you know that the Chiropractor works in a medically accepted framework. Carolina ChiroCare and Rehab are Chiropractors In Raleigh who take Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, CIGNA, MedCost and Medicare health insurances. We also accept third-party payers, car insurance and workers compensation insurance after an injury.
5. Review the Chiropractor’s online reputation and reviews: Sites like Google my business and Yelp will give you a quick insight into the past customers experience with that Chiropractor.
6. Research the Chiropractor’s hours and location: If you’re unable to get to your chiropractic appointments the relationship between you and your new chiropractor won’t go very far. Look for a chiropractor who also walk-in appointments for those emergency days where you throw your back out or slip down the stairs.
7. Look for red flags with the Chiropractor. This may be the most important.
There may be a few things you want to avoid when choosing a new chiropractor. Here are a few red flags to look for:
– The Chiropractor offers months treatment upfront. Many conditions will resolve four weeks of treatment. If you’re feeling better after a short duration of chiropractic care there’s no need to be locked in to several months of unnecessary treatments. More information here on how many visits to the Chiropractor before I feel better.
– The Chiropractor collects co-pays upfront for future visits co-pays upfront for future visits. This is illegal.
– The Chiropractor requires prepayment packages upfront for treatment. Again, there’s no need to be locked in financially for treatment. Again, there’s no need to be locked in financially for treatment that may or may not be successful.
Finding the right to Chiropractor for you can greatly enhance your life over the years. I hope this guide helps.
If you have any additional questions about choosing a Chiropractor please feel free to get in touch here.
To schedule an appointment at our Raleigh, NC location click here.
Dr. Jeffrey Gerdes, D.C. “Your Raleigh Chiropractor”