On March 31st, 2020 the Department Of Homeland Security listed Chiropractors as essential health care services. The statement read, “Doctors of chiropractic are part of the essential critical infrastructure workforce.”
On March 29th the North Carolina Governor’s office issued a statement listing Chiropractors as essential health care providers in North Carolina.
As Chiropractors in Raleigh NC who are open during COVID-19, we are able to help stop the spread of COVID-19 by having treatment options available for patients experiencing musculoskeletal health problems and emergencies that may otherwise present to higher risk medical settings such as hospitals, urgent care centers and primary care facilities.
We want our patients to rest assured that we put their safety first and are following the CDC guidelines for health care workers.
Below is a list of procedures we have put in place to protect our patients:
– The doctor and staff are in N95 masks and gloves at all times. Temperatures are taken of all team members upon arrival to work.
– Patents are screened over the phone for any symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath or recent illness.
– Upon arrival, patients wait in their car, not the waiting room, until their treatment room has been fully disinfected and is ready
– Before entering the office at the front door temperatures are taken. Patients are then screened for any recent signs of cough, shortness of breath or recent illness.
– A no door handle touch policy is in place which means no patient touches a door handle at any time. Staff will open and close all doors for our patients.
– Surfaces, door handles and treatment tables are being disinfected with hospital grade antiviral and antimicrobial cleaners throughout the day.
– Appointments are spread out throughout the day to limit the number of patients in our office at one time.
If Leaving Your Home Is A Concern Chiropractic Telemedicine Consultations In Raleigh Are Available
– Review and check home exercises, stretches and other recommendations.
– Diagnostic studies such as MRI’s, X-Rays, nerve studies, and Ultrasound can be ordered.
– Referrals can be made.
– Home care durable medical equipment such as tens machines, back braces and support cushions drop shipped to your front door.
To schedule an essential or emergency chiropractic appointment at our Raleigh, NC location click here.
Dr. Jeffrey Gerdes, D.C. “Your Raleigh Chiropractor”