TMJD (Temporal Mandibular Joint Dysfunction) Treatments In Raleigh
VISIT OUR RALEIGH TMJ CHIROPRACTIC DOCTOR TODAY!
TMJD PAIN RELIEF TREATMENTS: THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR?
TMJD (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder) is a condition where joints between the upper and lower jaws become dysfunctional and generate pain.
What Are The Symptoms Of TMJD?
Signs and symptoms of TMJ disorders may include:
- Pain, popping when opening the jaw
- Tightness and tenderness temporomandibular joints
- Aching pain in and around your ear
- Difficulty pain or popping when pain while chewing
- Aching facial pain
- Locking of the jaw making it difficult to open or close your mouth
- Pain around the head, neck and upper back
What Causes TMJD?
- The disk in the TMJ degrades or moves/locks out of its proper alignment
- The joint’s cartilage is damaged by arthritis
- The joint is damaged by a blow or other impact
- Chronically tight muscles in the jaw, neck and upper back/shoulders
- The joints becomes chronically degraded by nocturnal grinding of the teeth
What Are Chiropractic Treatments For TMJD?
Chiropractic treatment in Raleigh, NC for a temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJD) can be effective treatment at reducing the pain and dysfunction associated with the TMJ.
Chiropractic adjustments to the jaw, neck, upper back and shoulder relaxes the muscles, adjusts the joints which when chronically tight can yank or pull the jaw joints out of their normal alignment.
Our Expert Chiropractor In Raleigh For TMJD Is Trained In Specific Jaw Adjustments And Internal Massage To The Jaw Muscles (muscles of mastication) Allowing For Realignment To Occur
– Chiropractic treatments of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) also focus on relieving tension in the muscles around the joints themselves both in and around the jaw and spine. it is common for tight muscles in the neck and upper back to pull the temporal mandibular joints out of alignment.
– By massaging internally the muscles of mastication of the jaw, using active release trigger point therapy.
– A trigger point is a very sensitive area made of muscle fibers. Trigger points feel like knots and can resonate in the jaw muscles and muscles around the neck and upper back. A Chiropractor can manipulate trigger points in such a way to alleviate the pain and dysfunction associated with them.
– Adjustments to the joints coupled with active release massage to the jaw and neck/upper back muscles can be a very effective way to relieve TMJ symptoms.
– Our Raleigh Chiropractor will also provide in office physiotherapies targeted to the muscles around the neck and jaw to manage inflammation and pain. Treatments also include in office and home care exercise and stretches allowing you to participate in your recovery in between office visits at out chiropractic clinic.
WHAT OUR RALEIGH TMJ DOCTOR HAS TO SAY…
It is very important to find a doctor that is “mainstream” to find a TMJD treatment in the Raleigh area. This means a TMJ doctor who is knowledgeable about treatments that are scientifically based. It also means a TMJD doctor who is well respected by their colleagues and actively refer to other doctors. The most important thing is the doctor you choose should be “patient centered.” This means he or she always finds out what you want – and gives it to you.
TMJ TREATMENT OPTIONS IN RALEIGH NC
Because this is so important, a large group of Chiropractic Physicians Doctors of Chiropractic who have joined forces and taken an amazing pledge in an effort to let patients know what kind of care you can expect. These doctors are members of ChiroTrust and here is their pledge:
“To the best of my ability, I agree to provide my patients convenient, affordable, and mainstream Chiropractic care. I will not use unnecessary long-term treatment plans and/or therapies.” In other words, if you choose a ChiroTrust doctor you can expect to get the best possible care and the doctor will try to get you better as soon as possible and out of the office.
In fact, ChiroTrust doctors do not offer multiple visit plans and will see you one one visit at a time. Patients usually breathe a big sigh of relief because there is no long term commitment and they get to try out treatments and see if they like them. Dr. Gerdes has taken this pledge and to the best of his abilities will try to alleviate your TMJD, neck and back pain as quickly as possible.
CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENT REVIEWS (RALEIGH NC)
We realize you have a choice in whom you consider for your health care provisions and we sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing our service for those needs. If you, a friend, or family member requires care, we would be honored to render our services. Call Us: (919) 351-8368
Visit Our Raleigh Neck Pain Doctor Today!